You believe you have experienced or witnessed mistreatment and/or disruptive behavior.
What do you do?
I am a:
Please choose your status above.
When submitting a complaint of learner mistreatment, complainants should provide their name and contact information. Claims will be handled with discretion, maintaining complainant anonymity to the extent possible, however, based on facts of a case, anonymity cannot be guaranteed. Anonymous complaints will be logged and investigated to the extent possible, however, without the ability to obtain additional information from the complainant/reporter, be advised that it is difficult to process such investigations.
If you wish to remain confidential at this time and discuss your options, available resources and possible next steps, you may consult with:
The JHU Ombuds Office
The JHU Ombuds Office will not take any action without your direct permission.
The Mistreatment Incident and Learning Environment Surveillance (MILES) Committee is a group of diverse faculty who are committed to responding to confidential reports of medical student mistreatment at Johns Hopkins. You may send a report to:
You can always report experienced or witnessed mistreatment and/or disruptive behavior to:
Program Director, Principal Investigator, Thesis Committee Member Colleges Advisory Program Advisor, Medical Student Affairs Deans Principal Investigator Program Director
Department Director
GRAD, MED, PF, RF - specific data
If you would prefer another resource, you may report to:
Speak2Us online or at 844-SPEAK2US (844-773-2528)
If the event involves possible discrimination, harassment, or sexual misconduct, you should report to:
If the event involves possible sexual assault, stalking, intimate partner or sexual harassment, you can seek confidential help from:
JHU Sexual Assault Help Line at (410) 516-7333
Johns Hopkins Employee Assistance Program (JH-EAP) at (888) 978-1262
Gender-Based Violence Prevention & Education at (443) 927-3548 or
The JHU Ombuds Office
We Listen. You Decide. website listing confidential resources.

You can report the conduct to:
Office of Institutional Equity
Johns Hopkins Public Safety at (667) 208-1200
GRAD, MED, PF, RF - specific data
If you are uncertain whether the event is mistreatment or should be reported, or if you are uncertain where to report, you may contact:
Peter Espenshade, Associate Dean, Graduate Biomedical Education
Andrea Young, Assistant Dean, Graduate Biomedical Education
Nancy Hueppchen, Associate Dean, Undergraduate Medical Education
Katherine Chretien, Associate Dean, Medical Student Affairs
Dana Boatman, Associate Dean, Postdoctoral Affairs Jessica Bienstock, Associate Dean, Graduate Medical Education
Roy Ziegelstein, Vice Dean Education
GRAD, MED, PF, RF - specific data
Emotional support and counseling are available through the following additional confidential resources: